Friday, November 20, 2009

pursuit

Dear little brother,

I had meant to write promptly when I received your letter. I was delighted to hear from you, and heartbroken when I felt your dismay.

The sad news you give me.... loss of a friend is never easy,especially when the "divorce" is pronounced so brutally. We always expect to evolve, to grow with the beloved friend, that sister or brother we actually got to choose....I can only imagine your distress.

I lack words to comfort your heart. That of a betrayed friend.

Little brother, I have seen you as a child and you have now grown into a man. Full or resources. I am not worried at all. I know you will find the strength in you to bounce back and be able to open yourself to Hope and Faith that brings new amity.

Hope that everyday that God makes, will take you closer to the aspirations you nurture deep within. Believe that your aspirations will come to be, as they are your path to your ultimate happiness.
Cultivate discernment and sensitivity to feel the warm breeze emanating from an open window. Remember when a door closes,a window opens.

On my side, little brother...I'm fine. I love my mate and the fruits of our love. I shall not want......or should not want

Sometimes I run after chimeras, it's true. I run behind palpitations of the Flesh. The blood in my veins still wants to express the passion of youth I still feel in me. I seek to do everything on my own terms and I do not let that part of God in me act effectively.

I am so weary enough from my dilemma. I always want to make amends for my mistakes, it only pulls me deeper into the quicksand. My throat gets clogged up with mud, I lose my appetite and all situations take on enormous proportions.

Man is condemned to long for more, to live for more...It is our Fate. How we choose to answer to it is what makes us different.
We can try filling this "instinct" with the fleeting satisfaction of trinkets and other sparkles. Or focus on the entirety and the quintessence of our Humanity.

But I thank God, he teaches well, you never forget the lessons. Changing is hard. But I'm well surrounded. My side was withdrawn from Stephen's flank. He is my escape from the quicksand.

Life is a journey, it's not always the trip we dream of taking, but looking back you see you've traveled so far...you might as well keep on going.

Little brother, I will see you very soon, until then, Beam up Live and Become.


I Love You, B.


4 comments:

Nana said...

This is a beautiful letter... Who passed away? I know, we all have our chimeras, I definitely agree we must learn to tame them. Love you babe.

Billie K. said...

actually no one passed away. A "little brother" wrote to me to say tat his bestfriend decided to "break up"
He was kinda of upset....

Yeah we definetely must learn to tame the wildest parts of our SElf. Its not easy. But it's part of Lifes miracles. Overcoming them.

Oh and I love you too

Nana said...

:-( Wow, I didn't know people broke up with their best friends past 6 grade..lol.. These days, you usually just drift apart.
Is it G?

Billie K. said...

no. I will tell you in private. But I was just as surprised as you, when i heard that. I mean do you really go to a friend and tell them you dont need them anymore? just like that.....