Thursday, November 12, 2009

seven times


I will take time to take time.
Time to crown my head with the halo of the intellectual.
Time to master my craft and speak without a doubt. It is the time.
Time to commit my hips to the sensual rhythms ringing in the warm nights of Cuba. Hanging on to him. His strong dark chocolate colored shoulders, while he leads me into an uncontrollable trance.
Time to hear the cascade of diamonds echoing in my offspring's laughter. Be amazed I was chosen as their guardian and ensure their first flight to success.
I will take time to take time.
Time to tell him about how I was carved out of his rib, and that each time we clasp we become one again.
Time to remember about and nurture my roots. I heard the Motherland call. She, the Cradle of Humankind beseech my footprint on her wealthy soil. My turn has come to help relief this blessed land from the curse it has endured.

It is about time, I took time to acknowledge my humanity and embrace the existence of a Higher Love.




2 comments:

Nana said...

Hey hun.
I wrote a comment on one of the previous blog entries(from my Iphone)and it didn't post :-(
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I think you're a very talented writer, I loved when you wrote that passage about wine, ruby and heated blood. It was beautifully said :-) How was E.'s birth day?

Billie K. said...

Oh Asha thank you. I am a prude, my life takes a very abstract turn in the way I write it. Your compliment was very welcomed. I have not written in years. I had forgotten how it felt, how it made me feel....

I have been going through very disturbing emotions lately and it clicked...I had to write.

Etienne and I had a great evening. It was an honest evening. Lots of love and there are many definitions of it. He is my bestfriend and if I may have doubted there was a God. I do not doubt anymore. He is my miracle.