Tuesday, November 10, 2009

mate

We share a special connection. Our relationship is well defined. We don't have to say much, we understand that what brought us together wasn't the flesh. Not even love according to fairy tales, even though it does feel like a fairytale sometimes.
People often wonder, often ask me. How it happened? How do you know for sure? All I know is my soul claimed him. My soul stripped the rest of my reasoning being of the ability to chose. He was my soul mate.

It screamed from deep within, when he conceded that he loved me and wanted me his own. I got scared and not only did I look the other way but I ran. As far and as fast as I could, looking for a way to drown this inner cry.
I could only run for so long. I'm a sprinter not a cross-country athlete.

I believe there is a God and that he loves me. When my mind, body and soul finally merged into one, I let him save me from my tortured self. I found my companion and we combined our steps in unison.

Lately I've stopped walking. I have closed my eyes for a second and I wished to frolic in the meadow. He did not realize I was left behind, that he was getting ahead of me.


The road to freedom is strewn with pitfalls and despite the progress, the end always seem unattainable. The misfortune of the past no longer seem unbearable. The head fills up with polished memories and distorted versions of the reality left behind. I longed for the existence I was blessed to escape when I followed my soul mate.


Jumping around in the meadow with imaginary friends loses its luster. The truth always finds a way to remind you what matters most. I remember now...
I found my companion, he decided to slow down and I woke from my delirium and hastily hurried to join our steps again.








No comments: